The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (the Commission) was formed on 1 January 2019. The role of the Commission is to protect and enhance the safety, health, wellbeing and quality of life of people receiving aged care.
The Commission is the national end-to-end regulator of aged care services and the primary point of contact for consumers and providers in relation to quality and safety. Our vision is to support a world-class aged care system driven by empowered consumers who enjoy the best possible quality of life.
The role of the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (the Commission) is to protect and enhance the safety, health, well-being, and quality of life of people receiving Australian funded aged care
The Customer Contact Team (CCT) is one of the first points of contact for consumers, aged care providers, and other members of the public to engage with the Commission. The CCT is responsible for providing an accessible, efficient, consistent, and user orientated experience in accordance with the Commission’s guidelines and procedures.
The CCT responds on average to 5,000 calls, 1000 webforms and 400 emails per month. We are also exploring new channels such as web chat and text; and supporting campaigns.
The Team Leader is responsible for providing leadership and direction to 4-6 Customer Contact team members. The Team Leader is also responsible for leading change and process improvements, reporting and leadership in specific portfolios, such as recruitment, induction, real time management, workforce planning and scheduling.
The Team Leader works within a Customer contact Team comprising 43 operators, including a management team of 3 EL1/2, 8 Team Leaders (APS6). The leadership team supports 8 Senior Customer Contact Officers and 28 Customer Contact Officers. The CCT operates in two sites, Melbourne CBD and Brisbane CBD.
The platforms the Team Leader will need to work across include Genesys, Sharepoint, MS Teams, NCCIMS (Resolve), Tech One, SAP as well as Commission specific databases.
The key duties of the position include:
• Work collaboratively to manage the broader team and build the capability of the team to undertake their roles efficiently through opportunities for process improvements, coaching and performance feedback,
• Provide management regular updates regarding attendance, workloads, workflows, and resources.
• Build capability in your individual team environment through coaching, providing performance feedback, conflict resolution, and encouraging career development.
• Support staff to remain resilient when dealing with confronting information and high-volume workloads.
• Manage workloads considering agreed priorities to ensure quality and timely outputs and follow directions of senior management.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal stakeholders.
• Work under limited direction against established priorities.
• Contribute to decision making which may impact the work area.
• Identify and respond appropriately to risk.
- Experience working with vendors/service partners.
- Knowledge in Genesys Cloud and its modules such as workforce management, scheduling, real time analysis IVR, ACD routing, smart numbers and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in utilisation of contact centre media channels such as voice, email and webchat.
- Demonstrated call queue management, real time work force management in a dynamic environment.
- Highly developed organisational skills, including the ability to organise workloads, workflows and resources to meet demanding and conflicting priorities; and the ability to effectively operate computerised information management systems.
- Attention to detail with strong and clear written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude.
- Demonstrated or transferrable experience in undertaking and guiding officers in risk assessment using organisational policies and procedures.
- Strong leadership and management skills and the ability to build capability and provide support to staff dealing with high workloads and sometimes stressful external stakeholder interactions.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team to achieve positive outcomes and a positive workplace culture.
Salary offered will be between $89,394 to $100,849 depending on skills and experience. In addition, 15.4% superannuation will be paid.
Only candidates who hold Australian citizenship can apply. Appointment is conditional on successfully completing a national police check. For more information please visit https://www.apsc.gov.au/citizenship-aps
In your application please provide a statement of claims against the Eligibility Requirements in no more than 600 words.
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for an irregular/intermittent term. Opportunities will be offered for varying periods up to 18 months with a possibility of extension to a maximum of three years.
Merit Pool established through this selection process may be used to fill this or future ongoing or non-non-ongoing vacancies.
How to Apply?
1. Navigate to ‘Current Vacancies’ section of the careers page and locate the relevant job title. All documentation relating to the role and application process will be located here.
2. Click on the job title and at the bottom of the Advertisement you will be asked to create an account If you are a first-time user or to sign in to complete your application.
3. As part of your application you will be requested to complete a statement of claim and attach your Resume. Cover letter is optional
4. Click ‘Apply Now’ when you are ready to submit your application.
Please complete an online application form and submit to https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/.bout-us/careers by 11:59pm (local time) on Monday, 6 February 2023.
Only completed applications will be accepted.
Please contact our recruitment team on (02) 9633 3262 or email@example.com for assistance with accessing our website or with lodging your application. Specific questions about the role can be directed to Daniel Goodwin by emailing Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.
The diversity of our staff is very important to us. We welcome and actively encourage applications from people with disability, women, and people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. We recognize the richness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and the unique knowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees bring to our workplace, policy development and service delivery. We welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For further information about the Quality Commission, office locations and other related resources, please visit https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/.
For more information on the Australian Public Service, please visit