Customer Contact Officer
Intake and Complaints Resolution Group
Fulltime – Ongoing & Non-Ongoing
Melbourne & Brisbane
The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (the Commission) was formed on 1 January 2019. The role of the Commission is to protect and enhance the safety, health, wellbeing and quality of life of people receiving aged care.
The Commission is the national end-to-end regulator of aged care services and the primary point of contact for consumers and providers in relation to quality and safety. Our vision is to support a world-class aged care system driven by empowered consumers who enjoy the best possible quality of life.
The Customer Contact Team (CCT) is one of the first points of contact for consumers, aged care providers, and other members of the public to engage with the Commission. The CCT responds to contacts via phone, email, web, and post.
Customer Contact Officers are responsible for providing an accessible, efficient, consistent and user orientated experience in accordance with the Commission’s guidelines and procedures. The Team also plays an important role in identifying risks and opportunities to improve the customer experience and efficiency.
· Respond to contacts via phone, email and web forms during business hours based on a team roster.
· Provide timely resolution of contacts using standardised information from business areas.
· Collect sufficient information to document, triage, and refer more complex contacts to the right officer/team.
· Ensure accurate and timely recording of contacts using the Commission’s record and business systems, including Resolve, MS Teams, SharePoint, Outlook, and Excel.
· Provide information to educate customers on the role of the Commission or where appropriate, refer customer to other organisation better placed to respond to their contact.
· Develop positive and collaborative working relationships with team members and liaise with both internal and external stakeholders.
· Obtain and maintain a basic and up to date understanding of an aged care provider’s responsibilities and seek supervisor support and guidance when needed.
· Contribute to the priorities of a team and effectively manage individual workloads.
· Attend, and participate in, team meetings or training when required.
Position Eligibility Requirements
· Experience working in a contact centre or fast-paced environment.
· Capacity to work in a busy environment with demonstrated skills in time management, multi-tasking, attention to detail, working with competing priorities and the ability to manage workloads.
· Strong and clear written and verbal communication skills.
· The ability to maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude.
· Demonstrated problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify risk and work within guidelines.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team to achieve positive outcomes and a positive workplace culture.
· Sound computer skills, with the ability to learn internal programs and work with multiple applications.
· The ability to adhere to Commonwealth documentation guidelines and internal procedures.
Salary offered will be between $74,501 to $78,720 depending on skills and experience. In addition, 15.4% superannuation will be paid.
Only candidates who hold Australian citizenship can apply. Appointment is conditional on successfully completing a national police check. For more information please visit www.apsc.gov.au/citizenship-aps
In your application please provide a statement of claims against the Eligibility Requirements in no more than 600 words.
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for an irregular/intermittent term. Opportunities will be offered for varying periods up to 18 months with a possibility of extension to a maximum of three years.
Merit Pool established through this selection process may be used to fill this or future ongoing or non-non-ongoing vacancies.
How to Apply?
1. Navigate to ‘Current Vacancies’ section of the careers page and locate the relevant job title. All documentation relating to the role and application process will be located here.
2. Click on the job title and at the bottom of the Advertisement you will be asked to create an account If you are a first-time user or to sign in to complete your application.
3. As part of your application you will be requested to complete a statement of claim and attach your Resume. Cover letter is optional
4. Click ‘Apply Now’ when you are ready to submit your application.
Please complete an online application form and submit to https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/about-us/careersby 11:59pm (local time) on Monday, 6 February 2023.
Only completed applications will be accepted.
Please contact our recruitment team on (02) 9633 3262 or email@example.com for assistance with accessing our website or with lodging your application. Specific questions about the role can be directed to Daniel Goodwin by emailing Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.
The diversity of our staff is very important to us. We welcome and actively encourage applications from people with disability, women, and people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. We recognize the richness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and the unique knowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees bring to our workplace, policy development and service delivery. We welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For further information about the Quality Commission, office locations and other related resources, please visit https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/.
For more information on the Australian Public Service, please visit