The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (the Commission) was formed on 1 January 2019. The role of the Commission is to protect and enhance the safety, health, wellbeing and quality of life of people receiving aged care.
The Commission is the national end-to-end regulator of aged care services and the primary point of contact for consumers and providers in relation to quality and safety. Our vision is to support a world-class aged care system driven by empowered consumers who enjoy the best possible quality of life.
The Commission is currently seeking an experienced HR professional to join our Performance and Policy team. The Commission is committed to finding the right candidate for this role, and we are accepting applications in any Commission office location. The position will be filled for permanent appointment and a merit list will be created for future vacancies, including non-ongoing vacancies.
The Senior HR Advisor role encompasses all aspects of performance and policy management such as providing advice to managers and staff on matters relating to employment conditions, Enterprise Agreement, policy interpretation, and application to workplace matters. This is an exciting time to join the Commission due to continued growth and ability to truly contribute to the strategic direction of HR Services and the Commission’s mission to enhance the quality and safety of aged care for older Australians.
· Deliver client focused Human Resources services across a range of HR functions
· Provide expert advice and support to managers and staff on policies, procedures, applicable legislation, and contemporary HR best practices, including interpretation and application
· Coach and support managers in the development and implementation of a diverse range of workforce strategies and processes including performance and behaviour management, leadership management and succession planning.
· In collaboration with the Work Health Safety team, support the business to develop a healthy and safe culture by encouraging early identification of health and wellness concerns
· Prepare and present workforce reports as required
· Lead and implement a range of workplace initiatives and projects contributing to the Commission’s Operational Plan
· Assist with day-to-day maintenance of electronic human resources tools and systems, including Connx, Microsoft Forms, SharePoint, and personnel folders
· Coordinate the Commission response to surveys such as the APS Census and Gender Equality
· Organise and lead video-based learning sessions for Commission employees to uplift capability related to employment conditions
· Organise and lead the HR session within the Commission new starters orientation program
Position Eligibility Requirements
· Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources and / or equivalent industry experience in a similar senior HR Advisor/HR Business Partner role.
· Extensive experience working in HR / IR, preferably in a Public Service environment.
· Experience in implementation of strategic initiatives.
· Exceptional communication and relationship building skills.
· Experience in consultation and provision of advice to business leaders.
· Ability to function effectively across organisational development, recruitment, and performance management, as required.
· Ability to effectively prioritise requests while maintaining high standards and accuracy.
· Detailed and strategic understanding of business operations, challenges and drivers.
· Knowledge of, and experience in, general employment law and HR best practice.
· Sound analytical, interpretive, problem-solving, and dispute resolution skills.
· Ability to coach, lead and educate leaders around good people practice.
· Ability to facilitate and present workshops to support and deliver business outcomes.
Salary offered will be between $86,790 to $97,912 per annum depending on skills and experience. In addition, 15.4% superannuation will be paid.
Only candidates who hold Australian citizenship can apply. Appointment is conditional on successfully completing a national police check. For more information please visit www.apsc.gov.au/citizenship-aps
In your application please provide a statement of claims against the Eligibility Requirements in no more than 750 words.
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for an irregular/intermittent term. Opportunities will be offered for varying periods up to 18 months with a possibility of extension to a maximum of three years.
Merit Pool established through this selection process may be used to fill this or future ongoing or non-non-ongoing vacancies.
How to Apply?
1. Navigate to ‘Current Vacancies’ section of the careers page and locate the relevant job title. All documentation relating to the role and application process will be located here.
2. Click on the job title and at the bottom of the Advertisement you will be asked to create an account If you are a first-time user or to sign in to complete your application.
3. As part of your application you will be requested to complete a statement of claim and attach your Resume. Cover letter is optional
4. Click ‘Apply Now’ when you are ready to submit your application.
Please complete an online application form and submit to https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/about-us/careers by 11:59pm (local time) on Wednesday, 7th December 2022.
Only completed applications will be accepted.
Please contact our recruitment team on (02) 9633 3262 or email@example.com for assistance with accessing our website or with lodging your application. Specific questions about the role can be directed to Kim Luscombe by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with Position title in the subject line.
The diversity of our staff is very important to us. We welcome and actively encourage applications from people with disability, women, and people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. We recognize the richness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and the unique knowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees bring to our workplace, policy development and service delivery. We welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For further information about the Quality Commission, office locations and other related resources, please visit https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/.
For more information on the Australian Public Service, please visit