The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (the Commission) was formed on 1 January 2019. The role of the Commission is to protect and enhance the safety, health, wellbeing and quality of life of people receiving aged care.
The Commission is the national end-to-end regulator of aged care services and the primary point of contact for consumers and providers in relation to quality and safety. Our vision is to support a world-class aged care system driven by empowered consumers who enjoy the best possible quality of life.
It is an exciting time to join the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission, with major reforms underway to improve aged care in Australia. You will be contributing to our role as the national regulator to protect the safety, security and dignity of older Australians accessing aged care services.
We are looking for experienced education and communications professionals to contribute to the development of quality, best-practice content and resources to support the aged care sector. You will share our commitment to innovation and best practice and thrive in a busy team motivated by continuous improvement.
A number of full time APS6 opportunities are available on an ongoing and non-ongoing basis.
Working within a team of education professionals and instructional designers, the successful candidates will be responsible for developing, coordinating, delivering and quality control of a range of education products and programs for aged care providers, consumers and their representatives. The successful candidates will be responsible for developing educative resources including, but not limited to, static resources, videos and online learning. They will also be required to facilitate live sector workshops either solely or with a team of facilitators.
· Education planning and monitoring: Contributes to education and engagement planning and reporting and the ongoing review of progress and priorities.
- Product design and development: Designs, develops and delivers a wide range of effective learning solutions and programs from conception to release. This may include e-learning, face-to-face or virtual training, workshops, webinars, newsletters, experiential learning or peer-to-peer learning opportunities.
- Coordination and delivery: Contribute to coordination and facilitates delivery of the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission’s program of education activities and services both in a face to face and virtual online training environment.
· Reporting: Collates, records and reports on education/learning activities and outcomes, providing both qualitative and quantitative information to track success and identify improvements.
· Quality assurance and improvement: undertakes quality improvement activities, including review, evaluation and monitoring of education outcomes, identification of areas for improvement, and participation in sector improvement activities and projects as required.
· Positive working relationshipswith both internal and external stakeholders.
- Deliver engaging education products/activities that uplift capability.
- Develop tailored information taking into account the needs of the identified target audience including aged care providers, workers and consumers.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills to ensure projects/activities are delivered within the required timeframes.
- Balance competing demands to ensure that objectives are achieved.
Position Eligibility Requirements
- Experience in the design, development and delivery of communications products and activities, educational resources and/or training programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to develop productive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated initiative in identifying and resolving problems or complex issues and working collaboratively to develop solutions.
- Ability to meet deadlines while balancing competing tasks and priorities.
- Demonstrated understanding of adult learning principles, and experience applying this to a wide range of learning solutions.
- Experience in the facilitation of educative workshops in a virtual or face-to-face environment.
- Demonstrated experience in content development using products such as Articulate RISE, Vyond and Canva.
Salary offered will be between $86,790-$97,912 per annum depending on skills and experience. In addition, 15.4% superannuation will be paid.
Only candidates who hold Australian citizenship can apply. Appointment is conditional on successfully completing a national police check. For more information please visit www.apsc.gov.au/citizenship-aps
In your application please provide a statement of claims against the Position Eligibility Requirements in no more than 600 words.
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for an irregular/intermittent term. Opportunities will be offered for varying periods up to 18 months with a possibility of extension to a maximum of three years.
Merit Pool established through this selection process may be used to fill this or future vacancies on a non-ongoing or ongoing basis.
How to Apply?
1. Navigate to ‘Current Vacancies’ section of the careers page and locate the relevant job title. All documentation relating to the role and application process will be located here.
2. Click on the job title and at the bottom of the Advertisement you will be asked to create an account If you are a first-time user or to sign in to complete your application.
3. As part of your application you will be requested to complete a statement of claim and attach your Resume. Cover letter is optional
4. Click ‘Apply Now’ when you are ready to submit your application.
Please complete an online application form and submit to https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/about-us/careers by 11:59pm (local time) on Wednesday, 7 December, 2022.
Only completed applications will be accepted.
Please contact our recruitment team on (02) 9633 3262 or email@example.com for assistance with accessing our website or with lodging your application. Specific questions about the roles can be directed to John Ayton by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with Position title in the subject line.
The diversity of our staff is very important to us. We welcome and actively encourage applications from people with disability, women, LGBTIQ+ people and people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. We recognize the richness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and the unique knowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees bring to our workplace, policy development and service delivery. We welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For further information about the Quality Commission, office locations and other related resources, please visit https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/.
For more information on the Australian Public Service, please visit