The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission is the national regulator of aged care services funded by the Commonwealth government. Our purpose is to protect and enhance the safety, health, well-being and quality of life of aged care consumers. We do this by approving providers’ entry to the aged care system, accrediting, assessing and monitoring aged care services against requirements, and holding services to account for meeting their obligations. We also seek to resolve complaints about aged care services.
The Commission is seeking talented people with a broad cross section of skills, experience and qualifications to register for our Temporary Employment Register (TER). The TER assists with filling temporary positions (up to a possible maximum period of 3 years) across our Sector Capability, Enterprise Governance & Corporate Operations and Regulatory Policy & Intelligence groups within the commission.
Candidates should be aware this is a register only and that you will only be contacted regarding your application if a vacancy arises that matches your skills, qualifications and/or experience.
We are looking for self-motivated individuals who are eager learners and can engage effectively with stakeholders to influence outcomes and achieve results.
You will be required to select job categories that best match your experience, skills and capabilities. Below are the broad job categories within Sector Capability, Enterprise Governance & Corporate Operations and Regulatory Policy & Intelligence.
- Corporate and Administration
- Policy, Program and Project Management
- Data Research & Analysis
Position Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for employment with the Commission applicants must be an Australian citizen at the time an offer of employment is made.
An applicant’s suitability for employment with the Commission will also be assessed through a variety of pre-employment check processes, such as:
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal history check,
- Completion of a medical declaration and pre-employment medical (where required).
- Providing evidence of qualifications (where required).
- Obtaining and maintaining a security clearance at the required level (where required).
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for an irregular/intermittent term. Opportunities will be offered for varying periods up to 18 months with a possibility of extension to a maximum of three years.
How to Apply?
1. Navigate to ‘Current Vacancies’ section of the careers page.
2. Click on the Temporary Employment Register - Sector Capability, Enterprise Governance & Corporate Operations and Regulatory Policy & Intelligence - APS4- EL2 and at the bottom of the Advertisement you will be asked to create an account if you are a first-time user or to sign in to complete your application.
3. As part of your application you will be requested to provide a summary of your experience and attach your Resume.
4. Click ‘Apply Now’ when you are ready to submit your application.
Only completed applications will be accepted.
In your application please provide a summary of your experience in relation to the job category you have selected in no more than 600 words.
Please contact our recruitment team on (02) 9633 3262 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with accessing our website or with lodging your application.
The diversity of our staff is very important to us. We welcome and actively encourage applications from people with disability, women, and people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. We welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For further information about the Commission please visit https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au
For more information on the Australian Public Service, please visit https://www.apsc.gov.au/cracking-code