Operations Support officer
Quality Assessment and Monitoring Group
Full Time, Ongoing
Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide, Canberra, Victoria, Perth
The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (the Commission) was formed on 1 January 2019. The role of the Commission is to protect and enhance the safety, health, wellbeing and quality of life of people receiving aged care.
The Group is responsible for the effective delivery of quality assessment and monitoring of approved provider compliance with the Aged Care Quality Standards. Commission staff in the Group undertake assessments of performance and monitoring activities including accreditation and reaccreditation audits of residential aged care services, Quality Audits of Home Services, and investigations into triaged reports of serious incidents in aged care services.
The Group is led by an Executive Director and leadership team, with staff located across Australia. Group functions include four regional teams undertaking assessment and monitoring against the Aged Care Quality Standards, and national teams responsible for worker regulation and incident investigations, quality audits of Home Services, the delivery of national reaccreditation services supplied by third parties, and program performance
The position is located in the Program Planning and Coordination Team which supports the delivery of the Commission's quality assessment and monitoring activities . Some of the team’s functions include:
- Quality Assessor Registration
The Quality Assessor Registration team process Quality Assessor registration and re-registration applications. This includes reviewing applications to ensure all required information is submitted, liaison with applicants to clarify or obtain application information, communicating application decision outcomes to applicants and accurate record keeping. The team also conduct police checks and support general business improvement project work.
- Reporting and Data Analysis
The Reporting and Data Analysis team forecast and monitor the QAMG program of work, support the scheduling of regulatory activities and the dynamic rostering/coordination of the Quality Assessor/regulatory official workforce. The team uses a range of information held by the Commission including intelligence dashboards, databases and tools to inform planning. This team is also responsible for tracking the performance of the group against the projected targets and developing reports on program performance for use by QAMG leadership and the Executive more broadly.
- Business Improvement and Project Planning
The Business Improvement and Project Planning team co-ordinate and monitor the performance of the program of works of business improvement activities in the group in line with risk and Commission priorities. The purpose of the business improvement activities are to support QAMG in undertaking roles efficiently and effectively, continue to lift capability and deliver continuous improvement.
- Data Integrity and Publishing
The Publishing and Data Integrity team publishes performance reports and the non-compliance register and maintains information about services on the Commission’s website and associated operating systems. The team also prepares, publishes, and archives information about regulatory notices on My Aged Care and associated operating systems. The team respond to enquiries and requests for information and reports about aged care services and performs data integrity, extraction and analysis to assist with current and future projects using the tools available in the Commission.
The Business Systems team supports the processing and maintenance of QAM Group specific systems. This includes providing systems access, system reporting, ICT change management verification and testing and liaison with the Commission ICT support teams to resolve issues and log requests. The team provides advice and information on the system architecture and documents business system processes to enable successful development and improvement.
The Complaints team investigates and resolves complaints received from external stakeholders about the conduct of Quality Assessors during field activities. Management of such complaints includes internal and external stakeholder relationship management, impartial review and investigation of allegations and available evidence, timely response to the complainant and accurate record keeping.
- Undertake operations support for the team function outlined above as directed, in accordance with operational guidelines.
- Contribute to appropriate systems, procedures and controls to enhance the accuracy, timeliness and presentation of workflow and tasks within the group, with an aim for continuous improvement. This may include large volume data entry and escalation of information for awareness.
- Undertake a range of general administrative activities including but not limited to diary and email management, managing correspondence, organising travel arrangements, organising and taking minutes of meetings, to meet secretarial and administration needs of the team.
- Work constructively with key internal and external stakeholders and providing support to other operational staff to do so.
- Participate in project work and operational initiatives to support achievement of Commission priorities.
1. Experience in administration and/or project/service delivery roles which have required you to work within an identified framework to deliver outcomes
2. Strong quality assurance and attention to detail with high level written and verbal communication skills with strong customer service focus.
3. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage interpersonal relationships with respect and communicate with influence with internal and external stakeholders
4. Demonstrated organisation and time management skills working under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment.
5. Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office Word and Excel.
6. Ability to work both independently and productively as part of a team
7. Undertake effective representative of the organisation, acting professionally (including adhering to APS Values & Code of Conduct) and operating within the boundaries of organisational processes and legal and public policy directions.
- Experience in Complaints Handling and/or Privacy/Freedom of Information and/or
- Experience in ICT and/or Business Systems Support and/or
- Experience Data analysis and/or Information Intelligence and/or
- Experience in formal Project Management Methodology and/or
- Experience in website building and content publishing and/or
- Experience in the production of statistical analysis and/or reports
Salary offered will be between $72,331 and $76,427 per annum depending on skills and experience. In addition, 15.4% superannuation will be paid.
Only candidates who hold Australian citizenship can apply. Appointment is conditional on successfully completing a national police check. For more information please visit https://www.apsc.gov.au/citizenship-aps
How to Apply?
1. Navigate to ‘Current Vacancies’ section of the careers page and locate the relevant job title. All documentation relating to the role and application process will be located here.
2. Click on the job title and at the bottom of the Advertisement you will be asked to create an account If you are a first-time user or to sign in to complete your application.
3. As part of your application you will be requested to complete a statement of claim and attach your Resume. Cover letter is optional
4. Click ‘Apply Now’ when you are ready to submit your application.
Please complete an online application and submit to https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/about-us/careers by 11:59pm (local time) on Wednesday 28 September 2022.
Only completed applications will be accepted.
In your application please provide a statement of claims against the Key Capabilities in no more than 600 words.
Please contact our recruitment team on (02) 9633 3262 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with accessing our website or with lodging your application. Specific questions about the role can be directed to Katrina Schramko by emailing Katrina.Schramko@agedcarequality.gov.au with Position title in the subject line.
The diversity of our staff is very important to us. We welcome and actively encourage applications from people with disability, women, and people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. We recognize the richness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and the unique knowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees bring to our workplace, policy development and service delivery. We welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Commission is committed to fostering a workplace with flexible work arrangements to support a diverse, respectful and inclusive culture for all staff.
The Commission recognises the richness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and is committed to the implementation of our Reconciliation Action Plan. The Commission values the unique knowledge and experience of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees which strengthens and supports our focus on protecting and enhancing the safety, health, wellbeing and quality of life of aged care consumers
For further information about the Quality Commission, office locations and other related resources, please visit https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/.
For more information on the Australian Public Service, please visit