The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (the Commission) was formed on 1 January 2019. The role of the Commission is to protect and enhance the safety, health, wellbeing and quality of life of people receiving aged care.
The Commission is seeking talented people with various skills and experience to register for our Temporary Employment Register (TER). The TER assists the Commission to access appropriately skilled and experienced individuals for temporary positions (up to a possible maximum period of 3 years) and is open for candidates to register an interest in temporary employment as an Assistant Director, Digital Management EL1.
You can register by submitting your details and resume using our online recruitment system at agedcarequality.gov.au/about-us/careers
Candidates should be aware this is a register only and that you will only be contacted regarding your application if a vacancy arises that matches your skills, qualifications and/or experience.
• Active engagement with the business to understand user requirements, issues, and pain points relating to Application requirements and Digital Information Management requirements.
• Work with ICT teams to remediate and streamline Applications deficiencies.
• Maintain relationships and active communications with both internal and external customers and partners. This may include conducting one-on-one or group training in new Digital and Information Management developments.
• Improve business efficiency and minimise business risk by leading the development of Digital and Information Management Solutions.
• Lead a team to produce both structured and ad-hoc reports, memos policies, procedures and analysis on Digital and Information Management services both for customer consumption and on vendor performance.
• Maintain currency of knowledge to support the Agency’s Applications and Digital Information Management environment.
• Budgets are developed, managed, and reported on for all activities under responsibility.
• To ensure all Information Management services are delivered to achieve the required business outcomes for the Agency, with a view to a streamlined and effective service catalogue.
• Participate and lead projects that enhance the Agency’s Digital customer service capabilities.
• Provide mentoring, performance, development and workflow of permanent and/or temporary direct report(s) so that resources are adequately allocated work and tasks are completed on time and staff members are coached and developed.
• Develop and deliver the Digital and Information Management strategy in consultation with the CDO and Director of ICT Operations.
Position Eligibility Requirements
• Experience in the technical management of software applications and Digital Information Management.
• Technical knowledge, skills and understanding of modern Digital Management, together with project management experience in implementing new digital products and services.
• Experience in managing a team of internal and external resources in the delivery of Information Management services
• Experience in vendor management and knowledge of ITIL practices and processes relevant to the role
• Effective communications, problem solving and decision-making skills with an ability to lead by example
• Understanding of Australian Government ICT Security policies or equivalent Industry best practices
• Relevant qualifications in ICT, Information Management or Business and/or equivalent relevant experience
Salary offered will be between $106,653 and $121,639 per annum depending on skills and experience. In addition, 15.4% superannuation will be paid.
Only candidates who hold Australian citizenship can apply. Appointment is conditional on successfully completing a national police check. For more information please visit www.apsc.gov.au/citizenship-aps
In your application, please provide a statement of claims against the Eligibility Requirements in no more than 600 words.
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for an irregular/intermittent term. Opportunities will be offered for varying periods up to 18 months with a possibility of extension to a maximum of three years.
How to Apply?
1. Navigate to ‘Current Vacancies’ section of the careers page and locate the relevant job title. All documentation relating to the role and application process will be located here.
2. Click on the job title and at the bottom of the Advertisement you will be asked to create an account If you are a first-time user or to sign in to complete your application.
3. As part of your application you will be requested to complete a statement of claim and attach your Resume. Cover letter is optional
4. Click ‘Apply Now’ when you are ready to submit your application.
Please contact our recruitment team on (02) 9633 3262 or email@example.com for assistance with accessing our website or with lodging your application. Specific questions about the role can be directed to Tristan Cox, Chief Digital Officer by emailing Tristan.Cox@agedcarequality.gov.au with Position title in the subject line.
The diversity of our staff is very important to us. We welcome and actively encourage applications from people with disability, women, and people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. We recognize the richness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and the unique knowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees bring to our workplace, policy development and service delivery. We welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For further information about the Quality Commission, office locations and other related resources, please visit https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/.
For more information on the Australian Public Service, please visit