The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (the Commission) was formed on 1 January 2019. The role of the Commission is to protect and enhance the safety, health, wellbeing and quality of life of people receiving aged care.
The Commission is seeking talented people with various skills and experience to register for our Temporary Employment Register (TER). The TER assists the Commission to access appropriately skilled and experienced individuals for temporary positions (up to a possible maximum period of 3 years) and is open for candidates to register an interest in temporary employment as an Operations Support Officer, APS4.You can register by submitting your details and resume using our online recruitment system at agedcarequality.gov.au/about-us/careers. Candidates should be aware this is a register only and that you will only be contacted regarding your application if a vacancy arises that matches your skills, qualifications and/or experience.
- Provide administrative support to schedule and coordinate completion of regulatory activities in national or regional teams within the Group.
- Undertake operation support functions, including scheduling, reporting, administration support, database support, and travel itineraries, in accordance with operational guidelines.
- Support administrative outcomes relating to the recruitment and onboarding of staff for the Commission, such as processing work orders or assisting with onboarding requirements across geographically dispersed teams.
- Contribute to appropriate systems, procedures and controls to enhance the accuracy, timeliness and presentation of workflow and tasks within the group, with an aim for continuous improvement. This may include large volume data entry and escalation of information for awareness.
- Undertake a range of general administrative activities including but not limited to diary and email management, managing correspondence, organising travel arrangements, organising and taking minutes of meetings, to meet secretarial and administration needs of the team.
- Work constructively with key internal and external stakeholders and providing support to other operational staff to do so.
- Participate in project work and operational initiatives to support achievement of Commission priorities
Position Eligibility Requirements
- Experience in administration and/or project/service delivery roles which have required you to work within an identified framework to deliver outcomes
- Strong quality assurance and attention to detail with high level written and verbal communication skills with strong customer service focus.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage interpersonal relationships with respect and communicate with influence with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated organisation and time management skills working under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office Word and Excel.
- Ability to work both independently and productively as part of a team
- Be an effective representative of the organisation, acting professionally (including adhering to APS Values & Code of Conduct) and operating within the boundaries of organisational processes and legal and public policy directions.
Salary offered will be between $72,331 and $76,427 per annum depending on skills and experience. In addition, 15.4% superannuation will be paid.
Only candidates who hold Australian citizenship can apply. Appointment is conditional on successfully completing a national police check. For more information please visit www.apsc.gov.au/citizenship-aps
Appointment is also conditional on:
- Successfully completing a national police check
- Providing evidence of having had a seasonal influenza vaccination and COVID-19 Vaccination
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for an irregular/intermittent term. Opportunities will be offered for varying periods up to 18 months with a possibility of extension to a maximum of three years.
How to Apply?
1. Navigate to ‘Current Vacancies’ section of the careers page and locate the relevant job title. All documentation relating to the role and application process will be located here.
2. Click on the job title and at the bottom of the Advertisement you will be asked to create an account If you are a first-time user or to sign in to complete your application.
3. As part of your application you will be requested to attach your Resume. Cover letter is optional
4. Click ‘Apply Now’ when you are ready to submit your application.
Please contact our recruitment team on (02) 9633 3262 or email@example.com for assistance with accessing our website or with lodging your application.
The diversity of our staff is very important to us. We welcome and actively encourage applications from people with disability, women, and people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. We recognize the richness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and the unique knowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees bring to our workplace, policy development and service delivery. We welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For further information about the Quality Commission, office locations and other related resources, please visit https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/ .
For more information on the Australian Public Service, please visit