Non-ongoing Temporary Employment Register – Assistant Director- Executive Level 1
Various Branches (ACT/NSW/QLD/VIC/SA/WA)
Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission
The role of the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (the Commission) is to protect and enhance the safety, health, well-being and quality of life of people receiving aged care.
The Commission is seeking talented people with various skills and experience to register for our Temporary Employment Register (TER). The TER assists the Commission to access appropriately skilled and experienced individuals for temporary positions (up to a possible maximum period of 3 years) and is open for candidates to register an interest in temporary employment as an Assistant Director at the EL1 level. You can register by submitting your details and resume using our online recruitment system at agedcarequality.gov.au/about-us/careers.
Candidates should be aware this is a register only and that you will only be contacted regarding your application if a vacancy arises that matches your skills, qualifications and/or experience.
Reporting to the Director, (EL2) your main responsibilities will be:
- Provide leadership to your team and build the capacity of staff to undertake their roles efficiently and professionally and to meet expected standards of service and quality
- Make delegated decisions under the Commission Act and Rules based on a good understanding and knowledge of relevant legislation
- Work constructively with external stakeholders and support staff to remain resilient when dealing with conflict and/or challenging behaviours
- Identify and respond appropriately to risk
- Manage high volumes of work considering risk, agreed priorities and KPIs
- Actively contribute to the Commission’s strategic directions and achievements against our corporate priorities
- Foster and support staff wellbeing and contribute towards maintaining a positive culture
To be successful in this role you will need the following key capabilities:
- Strong leadership and management skills and the ability to build capability and provide support to staff dealing with high workloads and sometimes stressful external stakeholder interactions
- Judgement, analytical skills and ability to understand and apply legislation and make delegated decisions
- Ability to build organisational capacity and responsiveness, while managing competing priorities within prescribed timeframes
- Demonstrated ability to identify and respond appropriately to risk
- High-level negotiation skills and ability to work with a range of stakeholders to achieve outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with key external stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to focus on the operational priorities and strategic direction of the Commission
These roles are classified EL1 and as such the range of salary will commence at $106,653 up to a maximum of $121,639. In addition, 15.4% superannuation will be paid.
How to Apply?
1. Navigate to ‘Current Vacancies’ section of the careers page and locate the relevant job title. All documentation relating to the role and application process will be located here.
2. Click on the job title and at the bottom of the Advertisement you will be asked to create an account If you are a first-time user or to sign in to complete your application.
3. As part of your application you will be requested to complete a statement of claim, attach your Resume and Application Cover Form. The Application Cover Form is located as a link under the job title on the careers page.
4. Click ‘Apply Now’ when you are ready to submit your application.
Only completed applications will be accepted.
In your application please provide a statement of claims (no more than 500 words) outlining why you would like to work with us and what strengths you would bring to the role.
Please contact our recruitment team on (02) 9633 3262 or firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com) for assistance with accessing our website or with lodging your application.
Only candidates who hold Australian citizenship can apply. For more information please visit https://www.apsc.gov.au/citizenship-aps.
Appointment is also conditional on:
- Successfully completing a national police check
- Providing evidence of having had a seasonal influenza vaccination and COVID-19 Vaccination
- Being able to meet the travel expectations of the role.
The diversity of our staff is very important to us. We welcome and actively encourage applications from people with disability, women, and people
with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. We welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For further information about the Commission please visit https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au (https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au)
For more information on the Australian Public Service, please visit https://www.apsc.gov.au/cracking-code (https://www.apsc.gov.au/cracking-code)