The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (the Commission) was formed on 1 January 2019. The role of the Commission is to protect and enhance the safety, health, wellbeing and quality of life of people receiving aged care.
The Commission is the national end-to-end regulator of aged care services and the primary point of contact for consumers and providers in relation to quality and safety. Our vision is to support a world-class aged care system driven by empowered consumers who enjoy the best possible quality of life.
This is an exciting time to join the Communications Team at the Commission, which is currently expanding to support the delivery of major reforms in the aged care sector.
Primary responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Commission’s social media channels
As a member of the Communications team, this position is responsible for management of the Commission’s social media channels including supporting the development and implementation of a social media strategy, monitoring community and reputation, responding to social media engagement, and supporting other activities of the Communications team and broader Commission.
· Primary responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Commission’s social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other relevant platforms)
· Enhance and maintain the Commission’s presence on social media platforms and with community engagement
· Create engaging social media content
· Monitor, manage and respond to comments in an appropriate and timely manner
· Produce analytic reports, evaluations and insights on the social media channels
· Support projects to help improve audience reach
· Create or support the creation of a range of digital assets – tiles, photos, animation/videos, podcasts, for use on social media or the website
· Liaise and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
· Stay up to date with digital trends and social media platforms
· Provide editorial and content review support
· Provide social media expertise and general digital communications advice to support projects and campaigns.
Position Eligibility Requirements
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in managing social media, including developing and implementing a social media strategy, creating content, monitoring,managing and responding to comments, and reporting
· Well organised, superior written communication and proof-reading skills and familiarity with Australian Government writing style or ability to learn quickly
· Experience engaging diverse audiences using online and social media platforms
· Experience with creating a range of digital assets
· Demonstrated planning and organisational skills, including ability to meet deadlines with competing priorities and delivering work to a high standard
· Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
· Ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships
· Demonstrated quality decision making using good judgement in a high-pressure environment, expertise and knowledge, along with a driven and enthusiastic nature
· Empathy, willingness to learn and team-orientated approach
· A tertiary qualification in communications, digital or related field is essential
· Previous APS or government experience in a similar role within a digital or communications team is highly desirable, along with a familiarity of Government processes
· Knowledge of online publishing, video editing and/or graphic design programs is highly desirable.
· Communications team
· Information & Communication Technology team
· Other Commission branches
· External stakeholders relevant to the Commission’s social media activities, including aged care sector and service provider representatives that may support the Commission’s social media on an ongoing, or a project-based, basis.
Salary offered will be between $86,790 to $97,912 per annum depending on skills and experience. In addition, 15.4% superannuation will be paid.
Only candidates who hold Australian citizenship can apply. Appointment is conditional on successfully completing a national police check. For more information please visit www.apsc.gov.au/citizenship-aps
In your application, please provide a statement of claims against the Key Capabilities in no more than 600 words.
Merit Pool established through this selection process may be used to fill this or future vacancies on an ongoing basis.
How to Apply?
1. Navigate to ‘Current Vacancies’ section of the careers page and locate the relevant job title. All documentation relating to the role and application process will be located here.
2. Click on the job title and at the bottom of the Advertisement you will be asked to create an account If you are a first-time user or to sign in to complete your application.
3. As part of your application you will be requested to complete a statement of claim and attach your Resume. Cover letter is optional
4. Click ‘Apply Now’ when you are ready to submit your application.
Please complete an online application form and submit to https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/about-us/careers by 11:59pm (local time) on Wednesday, 26 January 2022.
Only completed applications will be accepted.
Please contact our recruitment team on (02) 9633 3262 or email@example.com for assistance with accessing our website or with lodging your application. Specific questions about the role can be directed to Lisa Cedres by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with Position title in the subject line.
The diversity of our staff is very important to us. We welcome and actively encourage applications from people with disability, women, and people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. We recognize the richness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and the unique knowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees bring to our workplace, policy development and service delivery. We welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For further information about the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission, office locations and other related resources, please visit https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/.
For more information on the Australian Public Service, please visit