The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (the Commission) was formed on 1 January 2019. The role of the Commission is to protect and enhance the safety, health, wellbeing and quality of life of people receiving aged care.
The Commission is the national regulator of aged care services and the primary point of contact for consumers and providers in relation to quality and safety. Our vision is that older Australian trust and have confidence that aged care services protect and enhance their safety, health, wellbeing and quality of life.
Reporting to the Executive Director Regulatory Policy and Intelligence, the Director Operational Policy and Support manages a team with responsibility for supporting Commission staff to fulfil their functions under the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission Act 2018.
The primary function of the position is to provide leadership and support for the Operational Policy and Support functions for the Commission’s regulatory groups made up of Quality Assessment Monitoring, Intake and Complaints Resolution, and Provider Approvals, Serious Incident Response Scheme, Compliance and Investigation functions.
• Provide clear and supportive leadership and direction on program of activities, including the development, publication, promotion and review of operational policy documentation for the regulatory groups of the Commission;
• Lead the implementation of organisational priorities and policies into operational practice, including support the delivery of training;
• Lead the development and maintenance of the Commission’s Operational Policy Framework working closely with operational areas and related support functions including business systems, learning and development, communications and stakeholder engagement functions
• Lead the Decision Support function, including provision of operational advice, interpretation and guidance on the operational implementation of legislation;
• Develop and manage key strategic relationships with internal stakeholders promoting the Commission’s business objectives;
• Provide leadership, direction and support to staff in implementing operational policy and support functions for new and existing regulatory functions, in a fast-paced and changing environment
• Effective engagement with executives and a wide range of other staff across the Commission.
Key Capability Requirements
• Demonstrated experience in a public sector role and understanding of the Commission’s role as an integrated, risk-based national regulator;
• Demonstrated experience with development and implementation of a range of operational support products, including frameworks, policies, standard operating procedures, guidelines and factsheets;
• Strong track-record of success in leading high-performing teams in a complex, demanding environment;
• Highly-developed written and oral communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate information coherently and concisely to audiences;
• Demonstrated ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, work effectively under pressure and work effectively in a team environment;
• Ability to travel interstate when required.
In your application please provide a statement of claims against the Key Capabilities in no more than 800 words.
Salary offered will be between $127,247 and $150,654 per annum depending on skills and experience. In addition, 15.4% superannuation will be paid.
Some interstate travel may be required
A Merit Pool established through this selection process may be used to fill this or future vacancies on an ongoing basis.
Only candidates who hold Australian citizenship can apply. Appointment is conditional on successfully completing a national police check. For more information please visit www.apsc.gov.au/citizenship-aps
How to Apply?
1. Navigate to ‘Current Vacancies’ section of the careers page and locate the relevant job title. All documentation relating to the role and application process will be located here.
2. Click on the job title and at the bottom of the Advertisement you will be asked to create an account If you are a first-time user or to sign in to complete your application.
3. As part of your application you will be requested to complete a statement of claim or respond to targeted questions, attach your Resume and Application Cover Form. The Application Cover Form is located as a link under the job title on the careers page.
4. Click ‘Apply Now’ when you are ready to submit your application.
Please complete an online application form and submit to https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/about-us/careers by 5:00 pm (local time) on 2 February 2022.
Only completed applications will be accepted.
Please contact our recruitment team on (02) 9633 3262 or email@example.com for assistance with accessing our website or with lodging your application. Specific questions about the role can be directed to Emma Jobson by emailing Emma.Jobson@agedcarequality.gov.au with Position title in the subject line.
The diversity of our staff is very important to us. We welcome and actively encourage applications from people with disability, women, and people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. We recognise the richness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and the unique knowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees bring to our workplace, policy development and service delivery. We welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For further information about the Quality Commission, office locations and other related resources, please visit https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/.
For more information on the Australian Public Service, please visit