Stakeholder Engagement Officer
Engagement and Education Group
Full-time – Ongoing
The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (the Commission) was formed on 1 January 2019. The role of the Commission is to protect and enhance the safety, health, wellbeing and quality of life of people receiving aged care.
The Commission is the national end-to-end regulator of aged care services and the primary point of contact for consumers and providers in relation to quality and safety. Our vision is to support a world-class aged care system driven by empowered consumers who enjoy the best possible quality of life.
This full-time, ongoing role is responsible for supporting the Stakeholder Engagement Team in facilitating the Commission’s engagement with key stakeholders.
Reporting to the Director, your main responsibilities will be:
- Assist the Secretariat for the Aged Care Quality and Safety Advisory Council and the Commission Consultative Forum and other engagement forums, including administrative and events management support
- Provide support for the Commission’s engagement in other consultative activities including regional forums
- Provide administrative and events management support to the Director and Team members on key initiatives and projects
- Participate in project coordination activities including monitoring and reporting on progress, identifying problems and proposing possible solutions
- Coordinate the capture of key feedback from peak organisations, collaborating with internal sections to escalate and solve issues or concerns raised
- Coordinate team tasks, group inboxes, schedules and other relevant activities
- Coordinate general diary and calendar responsibilities such as organising and booking of meetings and travel and processing of invoices
- Coordinate cross-group activities including diary management and support for the Executive Director
- Experience providing high quality administrative support
- Excellent organisational skills and the demonstrated ability to self-manage multiple competing priorities while working to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of government processes and procedures, including secretariat and stakeholder engagement functions
- Capacity to work both independently and productively as part of a small, geographically dispersed team
- Strong data literacy and reporting skills, including high level excel skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate information coherently and concisely
Desirable qualifications or experience
- Understanding of the Australian aged care system
- Experience using Diligent software and Adobe Acrobat Pro
Position Eligibility Requirements
Only candidates who hold Australian citizenship can apply. Appointment is conditional on successfully completing a national police check.
In your application, please provide a statement of claims against the Selection Criteria in no more than 1,000 words.
Salary offered will be between $76,008 to $82,200 per annum depending on skills and experience. In addition, 15.4% superannuation will be paid.
A merit pool established through this selection process may be used to fill this or future vacancies on a non-ongoing or ongoing basis.
The diversity of our staff is very important to us. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTIQ+ people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply?
1. Complete your application form (which can be found below the position description on our careers page).
2. Scroll down to the end of the job ad and click 'create an account' or 'sign in'.
3. Provide a written response outlining your statement of claims and the strengths you would bring to the role against the Selection Criteria listed above in no more than 1,000 words.
4. Attach a copy of your resume along with the completed application form and submit.
Please complete an online application form and submit by 11:59pm (AEST) on Monday, 2 August 2021. Only completed applications will be accepted.
Please contact our recruitment team on (02) 9633 3262 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with accessing our website or with lodging your application. Specific questions about the role can be directed to Deanne Wilkinson, Assistant Director – Stakeholder Engagement at Deanne.Wilkinson@agedcarequality.gov.au with Position title in the subject line.
For further information about the Commission and other related resources, please visit https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/.
For more information on the Australian Public Service, please visit http://www.apsc.gov.au/publications-and-media/current-publications/cracking-the-code.