Serious Incident Response Scheme
The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (the Commission) formed on 1 January 2019. The role of the Commission is to protect and enhance the safety, health, well-being and quality of life of people receiving aged care.
A full-time, ongoing opportunity exists in our Hobart , Sydney office for an Assistant Director, Serious Incident Response Scheme. This position contributes to the leadership of the team and sets in place measures to drive continuous quality assurance.
- Lead and manage a Serious Incident Response scheme assessment team’s day to day operations
- Responsible for managing the performance and development of staff
- Manage complex case coordination including writing complex case reports, and coordinating information sharing across the Commission
- Make positive ongoing contribution to the achievement of the Commission’s strategic goals
- Responsible for driving quality assurance and continuous improvement by identifying initiatives to improve workflows and processes.
- Work collaboratively with various key stakeholders
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Extensive experience managing and leading teams including human resource management
- Expert knowledge and understanding of complex case coordination matters or ability to acquire quickly
- Extensive experience in implementing, driving and measuring quality assurance and continuous improvement initiatives
- Ability to analyse complex information including interpretation and application of legislation
- Excellent communication skills including demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders for results.
- Ability to manage sensitive and sometimes confronting information
- Clinical exposure or experience in an aged care or health setting
- Willingness to travel inter- and intrastate
Salary offered will be between $104,562 and 119,254 per annum depending on skills and experience. In addition, 15.4% superannuation will be paid.
Only candidates who hold Australian citizenship can apply. Appointment is conditional on successfully completing a national police check. For more information please visit www.apsc.gov.au/citizenship-aps
In your application please provide a statement of claims against the Key Capabilities in no more than 600 words.
How to Apply?
1. Navigate to ‘Current Vacancies’ section of the careers page and locate the relevant job title. All documentation relating to the role and application process will be located here.
2. Click on the job title and at the bottom of the Advertisement you will be asked to create an account If you are a first-time user or to sign in to complete your application.
3. As part of your application you will be requested to complete a statement of claim, attach your Resume and Application Cover Form. The Application Cover Form is located as a link under the job title on the careers pageClick ‘Apply Now’ when you are ready to submit your application.
Please complete an online application form and submit to https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/about-us/careers by 5:00pm (local time) on Monday, 21 June 2021.
Only completed applications will be accepted.
Please contact our recruitment team on (02) 9633 3262 or email@example.com for assistance with accessing our website or with lodging your application. Specific questions about the role can be directed to the Director, Compulsory Reporting Team by emailing Amanda.Innes-Brown@agedcarequality.gov.au with Position title in the subject line.
The diversity of our staff is very important to us. We welcome and actively encourage applications from people with disability, women, and people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. We recognize the richness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and the unique knowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees bring to our workplace, policy development and service delivery. We welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For further information about the Quality Commission, office locations and other related resources, please visit https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/.
For more information on the Australian Public Service, please visit