The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (the Commission) was formed on 1 January 2019. The role of the Commission is to protect and enhance the safety, health, wellbeing and quality of life of people receiving aged care.
The Commission is the national end-to-end regulator of aged care services and the primary point of contact for consumers and providers in relation to quality and safety. Our vision is to support a world-class aged care system driven by empowered consumers who enjoy the best possible quality of life.
The purpose of this position is to manage, maintain and enhance ICT services through the provision of high-quality customer support.
- · Active engagement with the business to understand user requirements, ICT issues and pain points. Work with ICT teams to mediate and communicate with the business
- · Responsible for all day to day procurement of materials and goods.
- Maintain relationships with both internal customers along with external vendors. This may include conducting one-on-one or group discussions relating to ICT Procurement.
- Provide up to date feedback and information to clients and Directors regarding the status of orders.
- Maintain currency of knowledge to support the Agency’s ICT environment
- Monitor ICT Procurement and Contractual arrangements and ensure compliance with Government requirements
- Manage decentralised receiving of goods, physical checking, appropriate storage, and maintenance of records.
- Ensuring licensing compliance across all commercial software and platforms across the organisation and align inventory management to projected headcounts.
- Execution of inventory operations (stocking, stock replenishment, stock inspection, stock returning and hardware and software maintenance).
- Participate as required in projects that enhance the Agency’s ICT environment and customer service capabilities
- Produce both structured and ad-hoc reports, memos, policies, procedures and analysis on ICT services.
- Support the Assistant Director in the delivery of the ICT strategy
- Self-motivated with strong negotiation skills
Position Eligibility Key Capability Requirements
- Maintain up to date and accurate record of ICT Assets within the Commission
- Experience in the development and execution of ICT Procurement requirements, ideally in a similar environment
- Relevant knowledge, skills and understanding of ICT Procurement and/or Contractual experience
- Effective communications, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Experience in vendor management and knowledge of ITIL practices and processes relevant to the role
- Understanding of Commonwealth Government ICT Security policies or equivalent industry best practices
- Relevant qualifications in ICT or Business and/or equivalent relevant experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Procurement or similar role
- Strong experience and knowledge in planning and managing logistics
- Competent IT and strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as unsupervised
- Proactive in meeting targets and timelines
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to prioritise
- Eligible to live and work in Australia
Only candidates who hold Australian citizenship can apply. Appointment is conditional on successfully completing a national police check.
In your application please provide a statement of claims against the Key Capabilities in no more than 500 words
Salary offered will be between $76,008 to $82,200 per annum depending on skills and experience. In addition, 15.4% superannuation will be paid.
Merit Pool established through this selection process may be used to fill this or future vacancies on a non-ongoing.
The diversity of our staff is very important to us. We welcome and actively encourage applications from people with disability, women, and people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. We recognize the richness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and the unique knowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees bring to our workplace, policy development and service delivery. We welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
How to Apply?
1. Complete your application form (which could be found below the position description on our careers page)
2. Create your Account using Submittable, in case you have an account then Sign-in
3. A written response outlining your statement of claims and the strengths you would bring to the role against the Key Job Capabilities listed above (no more than a total of 500 words)
4. Attach a copy of your resume along with the completed Application Form and Submit
Please complete an online application form and submit to https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/about-us/careers by 5:00pm (local time) on 18th June 2021. Only completed applications will be accepted.
Please contact our recruitment team on (02) 9633 3262 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with accessing our website or with lodging your application. Specific questions about the role can be directed to Peter Craig, Assistant Director on 02 8831 1080 and email is email@example.com with position title in the subject line.
For further information about the Quality Commission, office locations and other related resources, please visit https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/.
For more information on the Australian Public Service, please visit http://www.apsc.gov.au/publications-and-media/current-publications/cracking-the-code.