Non-ongoing Temporary Employment Register – Senior Data Analysts (ACT/NSW/QLD/VIC/SA/WA)
Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission
The role of the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (the Commission) is to protect and enhance the safety, health, well-being and quality of life of people receiving aged care.
The Commission is seeking talented people with various skills and experience to register for our Temporary Employment Register (TER). The TER assists the Commission to access appropriately skilled and experienced individuals for temporary positions (up to a possible maximum period of 3 years) and is open for candidates to register an interest in temporary employment as a Senior Data Analysts at the APS6 level. You can register by submitting your details and resume using our online recruitment system at agedcarequality.gov.au/about-us/careers.
Candidates should be aware this is a register only and that you will only be contacted regarding your application if a vacancy arises that matches your skills, qualifications and/or experience.
Reporting to the Assistant Director (EL1) your main responsibilities will be:
- Perform data analysis and extraction to assist with current and future projects using the tools available in the Commission.
- Assist in developing, progressing and managing projects within the Section by working closely with other team members, as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of innovative ideas to tackle challenging health policy problems using data analytics.
- Develop capability for advanced analytical techniques within the Section.
- Assist with ad-hoc work within the Section, including drafting communications, documents and briefs.
- Assist in the development of written reports, infographics and presentations detailing the findings of analysis conducted for various projects.
To be successful in this role you will need the following key capabilities:
- Demonstrated strategic and analytical skills including the ability to interpret and synthesise information from a range of sources.
- Ability to undertake data analysis - expertise in/ and ability to quickly gain mastery of programming languages is desirable.
- Ability to prepare and analyse data using a range of methods to form well-reasoned and defensible conclusions based on sound judgment.
- · Good organisational skills and ability to adapt to evolving work priorities.
- · Ability to work both independently and productively as part of a team, and to meet deadlines.
- · Excellent writing skills, including the ability to translate findings from data analysis to written reports or oral presentations that may be delivered to both technical and non-technical audiences.
These roles are classified APS6 and as such the range of salary will commence at $83,420 up to a maximum of $94,110. In addition, 15.4% superannuation will be paid
How to apply:
Only candidates who hold Australian citizenship can apply. Appointment is conditional on successfully completing a national police check.
The diversity of our staff is very important to us. We welcome and actively encourage applications from people with disability, women, and people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. We welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Please scroll to the bottom of the page and complete the online application form. Only completed applications will be accepted.
In your application please provide a statement of claims (no more than 500 words) outlining why you would like to work with us and what strengths you would bring to the role, and a copy of your Resume.
For further information about the Commission please visit https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/.
For more information on the Australian Public Service, please visit https://www.apsc.gov.au/cracking-code.