The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (the Commission) formed on 1 January 2019. The role of the Commission is to protect and enhance the safety, health, well-being and quality of life of people receiving aged care.
A full-time, ongoing opportunity exists in our Hobart office for a Serious Incident Response Scheme Officer. The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support to the Serious Incident Reporting Scheme team.
Reporting to the Team Leader, your main responsibilities will be:
· Perform team administrative duties including data entry
· Prepare and respond to routine communication via email and phone
· Liaising with service providers to amend errors or omissions in reports
· Maintain and edit records on the case management database and other Commission IT systems
· Undertake routine risk assessments
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
· Previous experience providing administrative and data entry support in a fast paced team environment.
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy with data entry
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Results focused and ability to work to tight deadlines
· Ability to contribute productively in a team environment
· Ability to deal with sensitive information
Salary offered will be between $69,523 and $73,459 per annum depending on skills and experience. In addition, 15.4% superannuation will be paid.
Only candidates who hold Australian citizenship can apply. Appointment is conditional on successfully completing a national police check.
The diversity of our staff is very important to us. We welcome and actively encourage applications from people with disability, women, and people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. We recognise the richness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and the unique knowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees bring to our workplace, policy development and service delivery. We welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Please complete an online application form and submit by 5:00pm Monday 7 December, 2020. Only completed applications will be accepted.
Note: Recommended applicant must be available for commencement early March 2021
For enquiries, please contact Amanda Innes-Brown, Director, Compulsory Reporting Team on (03) 9958 2335.
For further information about the Quality Commission, office locations and other related resources, please visit https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/.
For more information on the Australian Public Service, please visit http://www.apsc.gov.au/publications-and-media/current-publications/cracking-the-code/factsheet-4 and http://www.apsc.gov.au/publications-and-media/current-publications/cracking-the-code.