- Data Analyst and System Support Role
- APS 6 Classification
- Level 3, Rudd Street, Canberra City
The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (the Commission) formed on 1 January 2019. The role of the Commission is to protect and enhance the safety, health, well-being and quality of life of people receiving aged care.
A full-time, ongoing opportunity exists in our Canberra Office for a Data Analyst and System Support Role. The data analyst and system support position is central to achieving and supporting the broader objectives of the Commissions Regulatory Strategy and purpose to protect and enhance the safety, health, wellbeing, and quality of life of people receiving aged care through enhanced performance reporting and record keeping in the National Complaints and Compliance Systems (NCCIMS).
Reporting to the Assistant Director, your main responsibilities will be:
As a member of the Provider Approvals and Compliance Group (PACG) you will be responsible for:
· Providing support in collating and analysing data for reporting and trend analyses of aged care compliance activity managed through the National Complaints and Compliance Information Management System (NCCIMS);
· Undertaking work, such as reviews to ensure quality, integrity and reliability of data generated through NCCIMS;
· Supporting the integration of significant roles within the data, reporting and intelligence aspects of the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (the Commission) with the NCCIMS platform;
· Preparing data for time critical executive and ministerial briefings and responding to media requests;
· Applying strong communication skills by liaising with the Executive, compliance workforce, IT developers, internal and external business owners and other government entities in relation to compliance reporting data and systems;
· Supporting the development and maintenance of contemporaneous compliance materials for internal and external stakeholders;
· Providing high-level IT and administrative support to PACG and managing the compliance business aspects of the Resolve case management system NCCIMS, including creating and enhancing access for internal users, liaising with users, IT business managers, external business owners;
· Providing advice and support to enhance the case management system to address changes to legislation and business needs of the compliance function; and
· Assist with the development and conduct of user education activities and products
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
· Demonstrated ability to work with systems, such as case management systems and processes, including creating and enhancing access for internal users, liaising with users, IT business managers and external business owners;
· Demonstrated ability report and analyse data and information in order to produce intelligence and briefing;
· Demonstrated strong written communications skills including briefs and ministerial correspondence in relation to data;
· Demonstrated ability to produce reports and advice that presents data for diverse audiences;
· Demonstrated ability to build and nurture professional relationships across internal and external agencies in order to foster consultation and cooperation;
· Demonstrated ability to deliver quality outcomes under strict timeframes (time management, organisation, multi-tasking) and under limited supervision; and
· Ability to provide advice and support system enhancements/changes to address changing environment and business needs.
We are looking for a self-motivated, organised person with well-developed analytical and business information management skills. Please note an order of merit may be created from this process to fill similar positions across the Commission which may include future opportunities based in Sydney and/or Canberra.
Salary offered will be between $83,420 and $94,110 per annum depending on skills and experience. In addition, 15.4% superannuation will be paid.
Only candidates who hold Australian citizenship can apply. Appointment is conditional on successfully completing a national police check.
The diversity of our staff is very important to us. We welcome and actively encourage applications from people with disability, women, and people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. We recognise the richness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and the unique knowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees bring to our workplace, policy development and service delivery. We welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Please complete an online application form, current resume and a maximum 500 word statement of claim as to how your capabilities and experience will contribute to your success in the Data Analyst and System Support Role and submit to https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/about-us/careers by 5:00pm (local time), Monday 24 February 2020.
For enquiries, please contact Megan Peile, Assistant Director on (02) 6289 2855.
For further information about the Quality Commission, office locations and other related resources, please visit https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/.
For more information on the Australian Public Service, please visit http://www.apsc.gov.au/publications-and-media/current-publications/cracking-the-code/factsheet-4 and http://www.apsc.gov.au/publications-and-media/current-publications/cracking-the-code.