- Executive Assistant to the Executive Directos
- APS 5
The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (the Commission) formed on 1 January 2019. The role of the Commission is to protect and enhance the safety, health, well-being and quality of life of people receiving aged care.
A full-time opportunity exists in our Parramatta National office for an Executive Assistant. This role will be responsible to provide comprehensive Executive assistance to two Executive Directors to support them day to day to effectively exercise executive leadership and management of their branch.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Quality Assessment and Monitoring Operations and the Executive Director, Regulatory Policy and Performance your main responsibilities will be to provide a range of administrative and executive support services to the two Executive Directors and the Branch which includes but is not limited to:
• Acting as the first point of contact for the Executive Directors, receiving and screening phone calls; monitoring emails, using initiative and discretion to prioritise and action under limited guidance.
• Ensuring that the Executive Directors are aware of significant issues that require a timely response and that requests for urgent information and correspondence are actioned in their absence
• Managing the Executive Director’s diary to meet business priorities and competing deadlines.
• Assisting the Executive Directors to prepare for meetings and appointments by providing intelligence and arranging for the necessary documents prior to the meeting
• Conducting research and drafting briefings, reports and documents as required
• Developing appropriate systems, procedures and controls to enhance the accuracy, timeliness and presentation of workflow and tasks within the Branch, with an aim for continuous improvement
• Working closely with the Executive Directors to identify business priorities and actively support the Branch’s strategic direction
• Anticipating, organising, scheduling and coordinating all travel arrangements and accommodation for the Executive Directors and managing supporting documentation consistent with the Commission’s policies and procedures
• Coordinating, drafting and sending weekly Executive Directors messages to Branch staff, and drafting other Branch communications as required
• Providing high level administrative support to the Executive Directors, including managing stakeholder requirements and expectations, room bookings and other support needed for meetings, including scribing as required.
Qualities and capabilities:
• Demonstrated organisational skills at a high level to provide day to day administrative support to Executives
• Knowledge, or the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of the role and functions of the Commission to support business priorities
• Demonstrated ability to work in productive partnership to optimise performance and achieve business results
• Ability to work with broad supervision, and to identify priorities to meet competing deadlines.
• Effective written communication skills, including the ability to draft various forms of documents and correspondence, and concisely summarise information
• Ability to communicate with influence and work collaboratively to resolve complex issues
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• Previous experience proving high level support to an Executive Director
• Previous experience in a government or similar administrative setting is desirable
Salary offered will be between $73,057 and $79,008 per annum depending on skills and experience. In addition, 15.4% superannuation will be paid.
Only candidates who hold Australian citizenship can apply. Refer to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website www.border.gov.au for further information. Appointment is conditional on successfully completing a national police check.
Please complete an online application form, your required responses and submit your resume to https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/about-us/employment/positions-vacant by 5:00pm (local time) on Monday 29 April 2019.
Only completed applications will be accepted i.e. a completed application form, a current resume and a maximum 500 word statement of claim as to how your capabilities and experience will contribute to your success in the Executive Assistant role.
For enquiries, please contact Ann Wunsch, Executive Director, Operations on 02 8831 1010.
For further information about the Quality Commission, office locations and other related resources, please visit https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/.
For more information on the Australian Public Service, please visit http://www.apsc.gov.au/publications-and-media/current-publications/cracking-the-code/factsheet-4 and http://www.apsc.gov.au/publications-and-media/current-publications/cracking-the-code