The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (the Commission) formed on 1 January 2019. The role of the Commission is to protect and enhance the safety, health, well-being and quality of life of people receiving aged care.
A full-time, ongoing opportunity exists in our Parramatta National office for an Assistant Director. This role will be to develop, drive and implement leading edge contemporary Human Resource (HR) strategies, initiatives and programs. The position holder also provides significant support to the HR Director in identifying and addressing priorities.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, your main responsibilities will be to:
• Lead a team in the delivery of client focused Human Resources advice and service, including providing clear and consistent communication, setting performance and behavioural standards, managing performance, setting work priorities and managing workflows;
• Accurately complete work within timeframes and quality requirements, share own expertise with others and guide and develop less experienced employees.
• In conjunction with the Director, Human Resources, develop HR strategy initiatives to support the corporate strategic direction and change management activities of the Commission;
• Develop HR policies, guidelines and programs to support Corporate Services functions and maximise organisational efficiency and engagement;
• Oversee and analyse project outputs, aims and objectives for specific projects;
• Coordinate the use of specialist project service providers, including contractors and consultants; and
• Influence and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources or equivalent industry experience;
• Experience in managing HR in a public service environment;
• Proven track record in providing hands on specialist, professional and technical expertise in HR management and functions;
• Demonstrated capability of working collaboratively with contractors, consultants, other branches and business areas, and members of the Executive Group to support and drive HR business outcomes;
• Proven ability to anticipate and establish priorities, monitor progress and work to deliver required corporate outcomes within set timeframes; and
• Experience in identifying, managing and evaluating risks associated with programs/projects, and managing budget and reporting requirements.
Salary offered will be between $100,502 and $114,624 per annum depending on skills and experience. In addition, 15.4% superannuation will be paid.
Only candidates who hold Australian citizenship can apply. Refer to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website www.border.gov.au for further information. Appointment is conditional on successfully completing a national police check.
Please complete an online application form and submit to Please complete an online application form and submit to https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/about-us/careers vacancies by 5:00pm (AEST), Friday, 22 February 2019.by 5:00pm (AEST), Friday, 22 February 2019.
Only completed applications will be accepted i.e. a completed application form, a current resume and a maximum 500 word statement of claim as to how your capabilities and experience will contribute to your success in the Assistant Director HR Services role.
For enquiries, please contact Karen Bugeia, HR Services on (02) 8831 1004.
For further information about the Quality Commission, office locations and other related resources, please visit https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/.
For more information on the Australian Public Service, please visit http://www.apsc.gov.au/publications-and-media/current-publications/cracking-the-code/factsheet-4 and http://www.apsc.gov.au/publications-and-media/current-publications/cracking-the-code.