The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (the Commission) formed on 1 January 2019. The role of the Commission is to protect and enhance the safety, health, well-being and quality of life of people receiving aged care.
A full-time, ongoing opportunity exists in our Parramatta National office for a Senior Human Resource Advisor. This role is responsible for managing the provision of HR Services, which includes Recruitment, Case Management, Learning & Development, Industrial & Employee Relations and Policy development & advice. The role also involves contributing to the management of Human Resources issues and the development of best practices.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Human Resources, your main responsibilities will be to:
• Deliver client focused Human Resources services across a range of HR functions;
• Provide expert advice and support to operational managers and staff on policies, procedures, applicable legislation, and contemporary HR best practices;
• Manage the implementation of a range of complex HR projects, including HR strategies, tools, processes, policies and systems to ensure legislative compliance and process improvement;
• Contribute to the development of HR people plans and strategies that address the current and future challenges faced by the Commission in an environment of change and scrutiny;
• Provide case management for a range of HR areas including but not limited to recruitment, Work Health & Safety, industrial and employee relations, worker’s compensation and rehabilitation, performance, conduct and attendance. Assist with day to day maintenance of electronic human resources tools and systems;
• Assist managers with advice and recommendations relating to the development needs of staff and appropriate development options; • Prepare and provide regular reports to managers to meet reporting obligations, including project related information as required.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources and / or equivalent industry experience in a similar HR role;
• Experience in delivering HR services and advice in a public service environment;
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team and with contractors, consultants and other business areas to support and drive HR business outcomes;
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Salary offered will be between $81,784 and $92,265 per annum depending on skills and experience. In addition, 15.4% superannuation will be paid.
Only candidates who hold Australian citizenship can apply. Refer to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website www.border.gov.au for further information. Appointment is conditional on successfully completing a national police check.
Please complete an online application form and submit to https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/about-us/careers vacancies by 5:00pm (AEST), Friday, 22 February 2019.
Only completed applications will be accepted i.e. a completed application form, a current resume and a maximum 500 word statement of claim as to how your capabilities and experience will contribute to your success in the Senior Human Resource Advisor role.
For enquiries, please contact Angela Ross, HR Services on (02) 8831 1048.
For further information about the Quality Commission, office locations and other related resources, please visit https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/.
For more information on the Australian Public Service, please visit http://www.apsc.gov.au/publications-and-media/current-publications/cracking-the-code/factsheet-4 and http://www.apsc.gov.au/publications-and-media/current-publications/cracking-the-code.